Thursday, January 12, 2017

Bring It On 2017! ♥ + Akira Back Jakarta Review

Happy New Year 2017 guys! It's New Year's and let's get it off to a great start shall we?
anyone making New Year's resolutions? I never ever managed to keep my New Year's resolutions, so I stop making one. 

 Wish you all a successful and prosperous 2017. ♥
I also would like to share my experience when I dined in one of fine Japanese Cuisine in Jakarta with my friends.
"Akira Back’s approce on traditional and contemporary Japanese Cuisine is filled with wonderment, excitement, and reverse flavors."

That's what Akira stated in their website, I was actually forgot to take pictures of their place because I was so into it and busy talking to my friend. I will show you their restaurant through Akira's website gallery.

Source : Akira's Website

Source : Akira's Website


Source : Akira's Website

The restaurant is a very earthy design with lots of woods material. Since it's located in 12th floor you get quite a nice view from there, especially at night. I went there on a day time which was a lunch time, with my colleague. I sat around windows area, and I experienced that the room is hot and I was sweating a bit. I also notice when I passed on the inner side of the restaurant which was not close to the window is cold, which means the air conditioning in the restaurant is not enough IMHO.

Now on to the Food!
Indeed the first thing I ordered is the famous Tuna Pizza, so many people rave about it. So I had to try it my self! It's a very thin pizza with also a very thin slice of tuna sashimi on top, it tasted delish. Gotta say I love it very much, wanted to order the 2nd plate but didn't.

Tuna Pizza

Starter Dish
Salmon Aburi
Anyone who loves raw fish will definitely love this one too!


Lettuce Wrap
Lettuce was fresh and the striploins were tasty


Kimchee-se Sliders
Also tasty and perfectly cooked.


Main Dish
Usda Prime Short Rib

 This one is the bomb, ribs were really soft. So damn good.


Gyudon

Using fancy topping such as foie grass and truffles says it all and it's rich in taste, but no my fav.


Grilled Spring Chicken

The chunk of the chicken can be share, it actually quite big and tasted ok.

Dessert.
Yuzu Granita
The foam looks just like wash soap to me and it was bland, what's pleasant is the popping boba.

Chocolate In A Cup
Combination between hot and cold, but to me mostly hot. Thin layer of chocolate sheet and with a small cake underneath.

To sum up my visit to Akira Back, I can safely tell you that you will not be dissapointed with their foods and drinks. Well presentation, made from high quality ingredients and handled by their talented Chefs. I will definitely be back for another amazing hospitality. 

Ambiance: 8/10

Cleanliness : 9/10

Service : 8/10

Food : 8/10

Price : 6/10


Till Next Time...

Xoxo
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment